SafePI – RaspberryPI 1B+, 2 and 3 battery backed safe shutdown / UPS
- It notify the RPI on power fail on a configurable GpIO
- recharge the batteries.
- voltage regulator, accept from 5V to 25V.
- Low battery drain when off
- optionally stackable
- It uses 4x commonly available AA Ni-MH batteries
- Very long battery duration
- Open Source design (GPL Licensed)
Out of stock
SafePI is an expansion board for RaspberryPI 1 model B, 2B or 3 providing power supply protection and safe shutdown by using 4 common available AA rechargeable Ni-MH batteris
- It notify the Raspberry when primary power is absent on a configurable GpIO (pin 36 or 38) and then give enough time to shutdown from the batteries.
When the RPi is on and the primary power is connected, it recharge the batteries.
- It provide safe voltage regulator giving the ability to power the RPi from 7V to 25V.
- Battery drain when switched off if minimal (less than 10mA/h)
- optionally stackable with other expansion boards (need the right pin header mounted!)
- It uses 4x commonly available (and low cost) AA Ni-MH batteries
- Very long battery duration: they are used only when the primary power fail
- Open Source design (GPL licensed)
You can get the PCB only, the kit complete with all components to be soldered or the already assembled ready to use version. Optionally, you can get also the 3d printed case and/or the battery holder
PCB only and KIT versions come with a PVC transparent foil solderpaste mask to ease the squeeze of solderpaste if you can use it to solder SMD components.
All components are original and collected from farnell or digikey, i don’t use clones. Boards are manufactured in europe.
Quantity discount available.
design files and docs available at https://git.nexlab.net/nexlab/SafePI
© 2022 Nexlab - by Franco (nextime) Lanza